San Jose, CA 95120 * (408) 692-5252 * firstname.lastname@example.org
December 2006 – Present: Director, Services and Support, Intuit Health.
Responsible for the customer support experience for a new product division – Intuit Health, supporting over 100,000 users. Develop and implement support strategy and delivery tactics for the Enterprise, Consumer, and SMB customer segments.
* Designed and put into practice innovative support processes that allowed supporting early v1.0 product with 80% satisfaction score, going up to 85% in the second year in the market.
* Developed robust closed loop feedback processes to drive customer requirements into the product roadmap and improve product supportability, driving decrease of contact ratio from 0.02 at launch to 0.002.
* Built a cohesive high performing team that is largely remote, and achieved the world class Employee Engagement score of 92%, highest in the business unit and above the company average.
* Delivered decrease of Tier 2 escalations from 52% to 30%, reduced frontline average handle time (AHT) from 30 min to under 15 min, and decreased new agent training time from 6 weeks to 2 weeks by implementing Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) strategy and innovative support processes.
* Developed and implemented self-service support capability, resulting in 50% self-service success rate.
* Led the effort to redesign job descriptions and success profiles for all support job families, resulting in consistent employee experience and success measures across the company.
* Organized and led the company-wide Knowledge Management Community of Practice in developing the cross-BU Intuit Knowledge Management Framework. It is now being implemented across the company with expected contribution to the bottom line in the millions of dollars in the first year.
January – December 2006: Director, Merchant Product Support Operations, eBay/PayPal.
Led PayPal Merchant Services Support team to achieve the portfolio growth, service level and strategic initiatives. Responsible for articulating the strategic direction for the Merchant Support team as well as overseeing the seamless execution of its tactical plan. Managed the team of 150, supporting over 90,000 merchants with $70B in transactions.
* Saved $600,000 against integration budget of VeriSign Support team with the PayPal Merchant Operations post -acquisition by delivering project ahead of schedule by 4 months.
* Retained 100% of local team and 60% of remote team offered relocation by leading transition to PayPal.
* Reduced merchant cancellations by 35 % by establishing closed loop case handling processes.
January 2001-April 2006: Director, Technical Support and Services Operations, VeriSign.
Led a multi-site high-volume Technical Support Operations team of 125+ with a budget of $10M, providing 7 x 24 technical and business issues resolution, as well as integration consulting services on a high availability VeriSign Payment Gateway.
* Brought in additional $1M annually with no extra headcount by rolling out revenue –generating consulting and paid support services.
* Improved customer satisfaction rating by 3 full points from 5.7 to 8.5, out of 10, by re-engineering support processes.
* Reduced dissatisfaction-caused cancellations from 15% to less than 0.2% by implementing save-the-sale process.
* Reduced contact ratio by 50% in three years by implementing advanced support tools and processes, and engaging product teams in root cause elimination process driven by Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology.
* Implemented CRM platform resulting in a 90% same day case resolution and reduction of backlog from 50% to 3% while holding headcount flat despite consistent customer growth by 10,000 users /quarter.
* Managed Backline Engineering and Integration teams with 40% improvement in customer time to relief in one year.
* Exceeded expectations of customer retention rate after acquisition of CyberCash by 50% through disciplined support execution and fast track team integration efforts. We retained 90% of acquired customer base, and 100% of support staff.
* Led successful implementation of Knowledge Base methodology that reduced time to proficiency for new Support Engineers from 4 months to 5 weeks.
2000-2001: Senior Technical Manager, Quality Metrics and Process Improvement, Netscape/iPlanet.
Managed the deployment and operation of overarching Product Life Cycle (PLC) methodology.
* Implemented PLC methodology to Netscape product, deployment. and support teams.
* Gained 85% compliance resulting in improved support readiness and 45% decrease in post-launch escalations.
1998- 2000: Manager, Support Readiness Group, Netscape.
Built the group from ground up to help the organization prepare for new product launches to consumers and enterprise customers worldwide.
* Achieved reduction in post-release escalations by 40% by developing and deploying New Product Introduction model for all of Netscape products.
1998: Manager, Division Support Engineering, Netscape.
Built the backline engineering support group for all of Netscape products, worked with Product Development to provide fixes and patches to the product line.
* Reduced average case backlog from 7 weeks to 5 days.
* Improved worldwide key account retention by 80% by establishing fast track escalation processes.
1996 – 1998: Product Specialist, Netscape.
Overall support responsibility for the Netscape Communicator product line.
* Served as a primary liaison between the customer, product support, product marketing and product development to ensure that the Netscape product line meets customer requirements and offers a high level of supportability.
* Implemented self-service functionality within Communicator, contributing to improvement in customer satisfaction by 10 points and decrease in assisted support demand by 20%.
Ph.D in Social Sciences, Fielding Graduate University, expected 2013.
MBA, Golden Gate University, 2006.
MA, Moscow State University (Russia), 1986.
BA, Moscow State University (Russia), 1984.